How do I send a transaction in Money Management to Collections?
In iGo Figure, "Collections" is simply an internal designation that the customer owes you money. Performing this task will not send your customer to a third-party collection agency.
Sending a transaction to collections is an irreversible action. To send a transaction to collections perform the following steps:
- From the Main Menu, select Money Management.
- Select Money Management Wizard and click OK after confirming the process date.
- Select the transaction you wish to send to collections by clicking in the Select column so that a check mark displays. Be sure to select only the transaction you wish to send to collections.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the Send to Collections button.
- Select the Balance Due Date, indicate if you would like to inactivate associated memberships, indicate if you would like to add the return payment fee (which defaults to the amount you entered in the Banking tab of Business Defaults) and then click OK.
Once you have completed these steps the transaction has been sent to collections, which means the balance of the member's Customer Account has been reduced by the amount of the transaction, plus the return check fee, if you chose to apply one. When the member is past due, meaning they still have a negative balance on their account after the Balance Due Date has passed, they will appear on the Collections List report and the General tab of their member record will indicate they are In Collections. If they try to scan in, the Welcome Screen will discreetly ask them to see a member of the staff and their name will appear in red on the Attendance Panel.