Get creative and expand your business by offering outdoor fitness classes!
According to recent studies, outdoor running, walking, boot camp, yoga and martial arts classes can take your club to a new level and increase membership sales. Add any type of outdoor classes to your schedule and watch your business grow. You can even introduce it as a membership upgrade package (iGo Figure Software Feature: Multiple Memberships).
Not only are you offering an exciting new way to exercise, you are also exposing your members to the natural environment which can be a great stress reliever. During outdoor exercise, endorphins and adrenalin are produced, which boost circulation, act as a mood elevator, and normalize the stress hormone, cortisol, in the brain.
A growing number of clubs are taking advantage of a formerly underutilized asset – the great outdoors. By offering training sessions, classes and other activities outside their walls, you are providing your members with fresh benefits that do wonders for your business.
Get some fresh air and add outdoor classes!
Why do members really quit? Is it because of standing on the same old treadmill watching the same old television? What can we do to avoid boring our members?
The study Why People Quit, published by IHRSA in 1998, cites reasons people quit their clubs that we’ve all heard before: can’t afford it, it’s overcrowded, new demands on one’s time, inconvenient location and lost interest or motivation. If someone wants out, these excuses are as good as any. One great way to help keep members longer is to develop a personal relationship with the member to help motivate them to make it their priority to find time to exercise at YOUR club!
Key is ‘creating constant opportunities for contact and interaction between the club and members on a daily basis.
Here are some tips:
- Member Appreciation Month – Each day during this month, put out large bowls of complimentary fruit, hand out free bottled water, and create fun events that grab members’ attention. Hold special activities at the sports/juice bar, such as a Happy Hour every Thursday from 6-7pm with free drinks and snacks. Barter with a local disc jockey for in-club music during this time. Consider offering free one-on-one or semi-private group training for every member who wants to try it (this results in more training business during the following month).
- Announce Adding or Replacing old Equipment – It’s all a matter of presentation. New pieces can be presented as a gift to members for their loyal support. But don’t just buy the equipment – announce it to your members through your iGo Figure Software Welcome Screen, a large sign, ribbon or anything else you can think of. Everyone will notice that you care for your members and share the appreciation.
- Group Exercise, Weigh Management Programs, Personal Training – Motivation can work wonders and it is a lot easier to create this in a group. Seeing others doing the same exercise and looking great shows your members that your club is right for them. Don’t forget to mix it up and offer different or even additional classes like a boot camp for the summer. It’s easy to track them with the iGo Figure Member Management Software as well as providing their results and achievements.
- Open 24/7 – Anyone can be available 24/7 with a Door Access System. Systems like the iGo Figure Door Access do not require any additional staffing, because members simply scan their card and your doors open automatically. Your members will appreciate the extra hours you are there for them and no longer use time as an excuse to quit.
Start creating an environment in which every member is touched every day. Do this, and a higher retention rate is practically guaranteed.
According to the 2009 released statistics by the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), revenue and membership numbers in the U.S. health club industry remained steady. The recession caused consolidation of club locations and the closure of weaker performing clubs while new club locations emerged in underserved markets. In addition about 23% (10.5 million) of the 45.3 million health club members were new.
The rise of niche and theme-oriented facilities impacted the 2009 survey results significantly. Many owners are getting creative on how to manage their business and tools such as a membership management software or retention management system make it even easier to accommodate their needs.
According to IHRSA the increase in revenues was due to increases in health club usage and non-dues spending. “Increased usage is typically associated with increased spending in non-dues related items, such as personal training, lessons, juice bars and other services,” says Jay Ablondi, IHRSA’s executive vice president of global products. Special offers and discounts can be easily managed with a membership management software.
Attract new consumers and boost your non-dues sales with the all-in-one iGo Figure Software.
It’s time to get creative and say “bye, bye recession”!
It was great seeing you at IHRSA! Purchase the software by March 31, 2010 to get $100 off your initial software order*. Don’t forget to mention this Promo Code: IHRSA10.
Lock in your discount at (866) 532-9588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undecided? No worries use a full version of the iGo Figure Software FREE.
Simply click here to request the free trial.
Still not sure? Schedule a web demo today and let us show you how iGo Figure will save you even more money. Click here to email us now.
*Order by March 31, 2010 and you will receive a $100 discount on any purchase that contains the iGo Figure Software.
Come Meet Us – Booth #731 at IHRSA 2010 in San Diego, CA from March 10 – 13, 2010
Have you registered for your FREE VIP Pass, yet?
Follow these steps below and experience the iGo Figure Member & Business Management Software on site:
- Visit ihrsa.org/go2010 and look up your name, or register for the first time.
- At the line asking “Were you referred to the Convention & Trade Show by an Exhibitor?”,
click ‘yes‘ and select “Go Figure, Inc.” from the drop down.
- Enter the promotional code VIPPASS.
- Complete the profile, review the registrant information.
- You will then receive a confirmation (with barcode) via email.
See you there!
YOU are invited to receive FREE admission to the Athletic Business Expo in Orlando Florida December 3 -4.
The Expo is a great way to check out what’s new in fitness. While there, you can visit our booth (#2533) and discover how you can save time, money and run your business more efficiently with the #1 health club software in the world!
For a free pass, email email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
The iGo Figure team returned from the Curves convention in Orlando, Florida this past weekend. I will have to say it was our best event with Curves ever. We received more positive accolades about our latest version 3.6 and our excellent customer support than ever before. It is always uplifting to hear face to face feedback that supports our efforts and hard work. Users really liked the improved security, session based memberships, and we had many inquiries about expanding hours with our new door access feature. Par for the course were enthusiastic customers interested in adding electronic funds transfer (EFT), credit card processing and the email Retention Managment system which are integrated to the iGo Figure software. Thank you, Curves! We are looking forward to seeing you all again at the regional events this Spring.
Today I spent time with Angela Clinton, Go Figure’s customer advocate and training specialist to create some new training tools for two large group training events going on this month in Kuwait and Egypt. With the addition of Arabic to the other eleven languages we translated the iGo Figure software into in the past 12 months, more training resources and courses for those countries are growing in demand now more than ever before. We are happy to see a sweeping global acceptance of the iGo Figure software.
I recently returned from attending the Curves Franchisee Ball in Brighton, England. In all my experiences with Curves over the years, I think I was most impressed by this event over all others. It wasn’t the biggest and certainly not the most extravagant event. However, this was entirely coordinated by volunteers who received no compensation or funding from Curves Int’l. There were about 100 people in attendance at the Hilton in Brighton. The United Kingdom Franchise co-op had arranged a vendor exposition, of which Go Figure was a part of, small group break-out sessions with two facilitators per group, general sessions with great speakers with a well organized agenda, and an evening ball complete with awards, motivational speeches and recognition of members who shared their personal success stories. This entire event and the organization of it was fueled solely by the owner’s passion for Curves. I was moved by the event and honored to be a part of it. Kudos to the 2007 winner of the Curves Co-op of the year… you all continue to prove why you deserved that award.
Today I am in Dallas meeting with the board members of the franchise association of one of our largest clients, Curves. The meeting has been very productive and positive. I was able to spend one on one time with many people from Curves Int’l as well as some very successful franchisees that sit on the board. I am heading back home later today, and have some great action items to implement in the next few months from this meeting that should benefit all of our users. Nothing seems to have more of an impact and delivers results like spending time with people personally.