|15 Minute Club Management Video Tip – Vol 15
Direct Mail is Back in Style!
Direct Mail is one of the most traditional ways to advertise. However it can do wonders in a world filled with online advertisement. Just think about it! Direct mail is not something that flashes on a screen it actually will sit on your desk or dinner table. You might even keep it longer around than you would ever keep an email open!
Let Kyle Zagrodzky (iGo Figure Software President) insight you to improve your club’s overall sales.
January 10, 2012
February 3, 2011
As a club owner you know exercise makes you happy, but do your members know?
Spread the word to boost your business and make your members happy by motivating them to work out more.
Here are a few facts to communicate and incentives to get and keep them going!
- Got 10 Minutes? Any form of physical exercise automatically boost the body’s feel-good endorphins.
- Did you know that one 30 minute exercise session generates 90 to 120 minutes of relaxation response?!
- Introducing Member of the Month! Who has the highest attendance? Seeing that number rise, will make them come back more often.
- Introducing the Biggest Loser! Who lost the most weight? Tracking motivates.
- Free Personal Trainer Attention – Have a personal trainer check on your members and compliment them to give confidence and keep them going.
After all the more members exercise, the happier you are too!
November 11, 2010
|NEW – Benefit from Go Figure’s club management video series.
Learn about amazing changes and trends in the industry around the world and how you can implement ideas to that can help you now! All you need is 10-15 minutes of your time.
Each episode features an exciting new topic and many suggestions to boost your business and improve the member experience.
This Week: Outdoor Classes are a trend not to be ignored! Boost Your Revenue now!
Get creative and expand your business by offering outdoor fitness classes!
Kyle Zagrodzky – iGo Figure Software President
June 3, 2010
Why do members really quit? Is it because of standing on the same old treadmill watching the same old television? What can we do to avoid boring our members?
The study Why People Quit, published by IHRSA in 1998, cites reasons people quit their clubs that we’ve all heard before: can’t afford it, it’s overcrowded, new demands on one’s time, inconvenient location and lost interest or motivation. If someone wants out, these excuses are as good as any. One great way to help keep members longer is to develop a personal relationship with the member to help motivate them to make it their priority to find time to exercise at YOUR club!
Key is ‘creating constant opportunities for contact and interaction between the club and members on a daily basis.
Here are some tips:
- Member Appreciation Month – Each day during this month, put out large bowls of complimentary fruit, hand out free bottled water, and create fun events that grab members’ attention. Hold special activities at the sports/juice bar, such as a Happy Hour every Thursday from 6-7pm with free drinks and snacks. Barter with a local disc jockey for in-club music during this time. Consider offering free one-on-one or semi-private group training for every member who wants to try it (this results in more training business during the following month).
- Announce Adding or Replacing old Equipment – It’s all a matter of presentation. New pieces can be presented as a gift to members for their loyal support. But don’t just buy the equipment – announce it to your members through your iGo Figure Software Welcome Screen, a large sign, ribbon or anything else you can think of. Everyone will notice that you care for your members and share the appreciation.
- Group Exercise, Weigh Management Programs, Personal Training – Motivation can work wonders and it is a lot easier to create this in a group. Seeing others doing the same exercise and looking great shows your members that your club is right for them. Don’t forget to mix it up and offer different or even additional classes like a boot camp for the summer. It’s easy to track them with the iGo Figure Member Management Software as well as providing their results and achievements.
- Open 24/7 – Anyone can be available 24/7 with a Door Access System. Systems like the iGo Figure Door Access do not require any additional staffing, because members simply scan their card and your doors open automatically. Your members will appreciate the extra hours you are there for them and no longer use time as an excuse to quit.
Start creating an environment in which every member is touched every day. Do this, and a higher retention rate is practically guaranteed.
April 20, 2010
Booth #125 at Club Industry East 2010 in New York, NY from May 5 – 7, 2010
Receive your FREE admission to the Club Industry East trade show by clicking here
and experience the iGo Figure Member & Business Management Software on site.
Find out why more than 8,000 facility owners like you trust the iGo Figure Software to run their facility:
• Incredibly easy-to-use software that does it all.
• Integrated, low-cost payment processing, including $.10 EFT transactions.
• Efficiently manage all of your memberships.
• Handle all your scheduling needs.
• Control facility access.
• Track employee compensation.
• Advanced POS and inventory system.
• Local install or web-based/hosted available.
• Available in multiple languages.
• World-class free support and training included.
Visit our booth #125 during the trade show!
See you there!
April 7, 2010
According to the 2009 released statistics by the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), revenue and membership numbers in the U.S. health club industry remained steady. The recession caused consolidation of club locations and the closure of weaker performing clubs while new club locations emerged in underserved markets. In addition about 23% (10.5 million) of the 45.3 million health club members were new.
The rise of niche and theme-oriented facilities impacted the 2009 survey results significantly. Many owners are getting creative on how to manage their business and tools such as a membership management software or retention management system make it even easier to accommodate their needs.
According to IHRSA the increase in revenues was due to increases in health club usage and non-dues spending. “Increased usage is typically associated with increased spending in non-dues related items, such as personal training, lessons, juice bars and other services,” says Jay Ablondi, IHRSA’s executive vice president of global products. Special offers and discounts can be easily managed with a membership management software.
Attract new consumers and boost your non-dues sales with the all-in-one iGo Figure Software.
It’s time to get creative and say “bye, bye recession”!
March 30, 2010
Usually we think it is lack of time or money for not joining a health club, but there are more prevalent factors.
Identifying and monitoring these will help you retain more members:
1. Fear of pain
2. Fear of embarrassment
3. Fear of not being able to achieve their goals
Here are some suggestions for successfully addressing these potential roadblocks to membership:
1. Pain. Negative emotions have a greater impact on us. Therefore, we are more likely to run from pain than confront it. A good sales person recognizes this fear factor at membership sign up and he can skillfully educate the prospect that exercise doesn’t need to be a painful experience. Help your members to overcome their reservations by tracking their results. This will not only boost a member’s self esteem, but also establish trust in your club. The iGo Figure Software allows you to easily monitor a member’s progress and gives you tools to demonstrate their results.
2. Embarrassment. As a new member you always feel like everyone is in better shape around you. Remember that especially new members take little steps! Make a member feel special and encourage them to continue by sharing tips, tricks and emotional support. Greet your members with a daily personalized message when they sign in through the iGo Figure Welcome Screen. It really motivates and shows that you care.
3. Goals. The sales and personal training departments must maintain a close relationship and effective communication to assist members in achieving their goals. At the point of sale, the salesperson should have already clearly identified the new member’s goals and explained to her why the club is the ideal choice in helping her achieve the results she desires.
Let us help you achieve your and your members goals!
March 18, 2010
It was great seeing you at IHRSA! Purchase the software by March 31, 2010 to get $100 off your initial software order*. Don’t forget to mention this Promo Code: IHRSA10.
Lock in your discount at (866) 532-9588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undecided? No worries use a full version of the iGo Figure Software FREE.
Simply click here to request the free trial.
Still not sure? Schedule a web demo today and let us show you how iGo Figure will save you even more money. Click here to email us now.
*Order by March 31, 2010 and you will receive a $100 discount on any purchase that contains the iGo Figure Software.
February 23, 2010
Back in 1995 there were approximately 12,500 commercial fitness centers in the United States. Since 2008, there are more than 29,000! One recent authority suggests the following ten ways to recharge your club and set it apart from the competition:
1. Get Fresh. “Store Blindness” is an affliction that besets everyone who lives or works in the same space. After a while, we don’t notice the worn carpets, the tired colors, the clutter behind the front desk, etc. A first-time visitor will notice any of those immediately. Whenever a strong competitor enters the market, it is imperative that clubs undergo a 360-degree examination. Get Fresh with a club makeover!
2. Get Connected. “Connectivity” may be the #1 advantage that existing clubs enjoy over powerful, new entrants into the market. So get started! Connect through the iGo Figure Software by sending a message to a member through your welcome screen, create a Facebook page for your club and/or sign-up for Go Figure’s free Retention Management trial. You will love the results! “Connectivity” is the basic reason why some neighborhood restaurants and coffee shops that may have flawed operations succeed year after year. Get connected with iGo Connect!
3. Get United. Being faced with an imminent threat from a new club allows your club to accelerate in the pursuit of better performance. Whenever a new competitor announces its entry into your market, you have an opportunity to unite your staff in the pursuit of a higher level of performance and excellence across the board. A motivated and mobilized staff becomes the ultimate asset, the ultimate weapon with which you can win the battle. Get United and show off your team!
For the rest of the list, visit:
Let’s beat your competition together!
Always happy to help,
February 2, 2010
Have you done the same for your facility?
If not click on Club Industry’s link to “Social Networking Boosts Brand Awareness, Member Leads and other Good Things”
As the article states with over 330 million users worldwide it’s truly a grown-up way for businesses to enhance their online marketing and brand awareness. Many facilities use Facebook pages to promote events, build community among members, drive Web site traffic and even generate new member leads.
So what’s stopping you, Get Social!